Police launch manhunt after tourists murder at Kruger National Park


Limpopo police have launched a manhunt after two tourists were found brutally murdered in the Pafuri section of the Kruger National Park this week.

The victims, a 71-year-old man and a woman whose identity is yet to be confirmed, had been reported missing after they were last seen at the Pafuri picnic site on Wednesday.

Their bodies were discovered floating near Cross Corner, where the Levubu and Limpopo rivers meet, on Friday afternoon.

Provincial police spokesperson Hlulani Mashaba says investigations indicate both victims suffered multiple stab wounds to their upper bodies, suggesting they were attacked with a sharp object.

Mashaba says, “The circumstances surrounding the incident remain unclear at this stage, and the police have opened two counts of murder and hijacking for further investigation. Lieutenant General Hadebe has assured the public that maximum resources have been mobilised to ensure that those responsible are traced and brought to justice. The South African police Service is working closely with Kruger National Park authorities as investigations continue.”