-
The National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) Head Andy Mothibi engages with National Press Club as they reflect on the 30th anniversary of the Constitution on April 29, 2026.
The National Prosecuting Authority’s (NPA) Head, Andy Mothibi, says the security management at the Kwaggafontein Magistrate’s Court in Nkangala, Mpumalanga, has assured him that the court and its officials are safe.
This comes after a state prosecutor failed to show up for a case involving taxi boss Joe ‘Ferrari’ Sibanyoni and three others, citing safety issues.
The prosecutor who was supposed to have led the state in Sibanyoni’s extortion case on Monday has since been suspended.
The case was, as a result, struck off the roll.
Mothibi says, “Last week we had our management committee, and the security department has assured me that we do act proactively on these high-profile cases. They have a list of high-profile cases, and they provide security proactively, so I expect that they would have come in, in this case and ensure that the prosecutor gets the protection that is deserved.”
VIDEO | Interview with Mothibi:
