Mashaba launches campaign to take JHB back


ActionSA Johannesburg mayoral candidate, Herman Mashaba has promised to restore the city of gold to its former glory.

He was announced as the party’s candidate in the forthcoming local elections likely to be held, in November this year at the Orlando Communal Hall in Soweto, earlier on Saturday.

Mashaba also unveiled what he called a clear recovery plan for the city. This he said will include a five point plan which will deal with, unemployment, ending corruption, illegal foreigners and maintaining infrastructure among others.

“Today, I launch a campaign. We are not here to make empty promises. We are not here to come together for celebration. Johannesburg is in a fight for its future. I am stepping back into the ring to take back our city, not for a spectacle or drama but because the city needs a fighter who knows what it takes to win,” says Mashaba.

He says that it is a fight against corruption, incompetence, lawlessness and to fix the city of Johannesburg.

VIDEO | ActionSA unveils Johannesburg Mayoral candidate